Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baking Fun!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I really don't like to cook. I cook out of necessity to feed my family, but if it was up to me I would eat oatmeal or cereal every night for dinner and be quite content. My husband though is a meat a potato kind of guy. He enjoys a good home cooked meal. I don't blame him, I enjoy a good home cooked meal too--just one I didn't have to cook!!! The whole menu planning, coupon cutting, grocery shopping, budget watching, food preparing, stuff that is involved with cooking is no fun for me. Then after all that work my family will look at what I have spent time preparing and say..."do I have to eat it all?", or "how many more bites!"
Baking on the other hand is something I do enjoy. Baking is different than cooking because it usually involves something that everyone will enjoy like cookies, breads, cakes, or pies. It's definitely not healthy though!! I enjoy baking goodies and passing it out to our neighbors, or sending it to work with Shane so he can share it with his co-workers. The boys LOVE to help me bake too. They love to measure, pour, stir, and of course taste.
Today, Riley helped me make chocolate chip cookies. We had so much fun together! I'm not sure which one Riley enjoyed more though
--baking or cleaning up!?!

1 comment:

Susan said...

this sounds so much like me. i too do not like to cook and then when i do and it's not received well, i just want to throw out the cheerios and say "bon appetite". thankfully, i get the night off and we get to go for wings. yummm